So, I thought I should really start this blog off by explaining more about myself which will hopefully give me some geek credit out there! This post is going to be about my network and systems I have running on it at home. I’m going to post this before it’s finished. But since no one reads this blog anyways, no one will actually care…
1. Main / gaming rig.
CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q6600
RAM: 4GB DDR2
Optical Drives: Samsung SATA DVD-R
Hard drives: 2 * 500 GB SATA
OS: Dual boot – Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit and Ubuntu 8.10 (amd64)
2. Messaging / MythTV rig.
CPU: Athlon64 4000+
RAM: 2GB DDR2
Optical Drives: 1 LG 16X DVD-R, 1 LG 12X DVD-R (Both IDE)
Hard drives: 300GB IDE, 500GB SATA (just for PVR recordings)
OS: Ubuntu 8.10 (amd64)
1. Main server (being replaced by #2)
CPU: 2 * Pentium3 450 MHz
RAM: 512 MB DDR
Hard drives: 30GB, 2 * 80GB (all IDE)
OS: Gentoo Linux (been alive since 2003 or 2004 easily…)
2. New server (Replacing #1 when I get around to finishing it…)
CPU: AthlonXP 2500
RAM: 1GB DDR
Hard drives: I think… 80GB, 200GB and 300GB? (I think will have to check that for sure later.
OS: CentOS 5.2
3. Slave DNS server
CPU: Pentium3 (not sure the speed, its an old Toshiba Tecra notebook though)
Hard drives: 20GB
OS: OpenBSD 4.3
4. Firewall (I now use this for wireless also, thanks to a few cheep cards I threw into there and the ease of OpenBSD and Packet Filter)
CPU: Pentium3 450MHz
RAM 512MB DDR
Hard drives: 30GB
OS: OpenBSD 4.4
1. Linksys WRT54GS v 2.1 – Running DD-WRT 2.4 SP1, sitting in front of my Slave DNS.
2. Linksys WRT54GL – Running DD-WRT 2.4 SP1, separate from the rest of my network, on its own IP.
3. D-Link GamerLounge – Not modded at all, but using Mixed mode with WEP, only used for my Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS.